Using field hockey as a tool to develop and empower youth
on the field and beyond.
Empower Field Hockey Academy is an opportunity for all U14, U12 & U10 (and U16 in 2020) players
to train with quality and successful coaches to develop field hockey, leadership and 21st Century skills that will empower each person to succeed
on the field hockey field and beyond into her/his everyday life.
Want to "Try" Empower? Join us at the Empower Academy Training Camp!
The Academy is comprised of a Club Squad and a Development Squad for each age group. The structure of the Academy and elements of the Club & Development Squads include:
- Club Squad will train in fall and spring.
- Development Squad trains only in spring.
- Fall training days will be Monday evenings and midday Saturdays. Spring training will be Friday evenings and midday Sundays.
- During the winter season the Academy will not participate in indoor hockey, but will offer both squads training opportunities around outdoor hockey and tactical, physical and mental areas of the game. (As we do not offer indoor hockey through our Empower Field Hockey Academy, our members are welcome to play indoor for another club during the winter.)
- All Club Squad members will compete in one regional/national competition each season (fall and spring).
- Development Squad will not compete in regional/national competitions.
- Club Squad members must reside within 50 miles of Empower Academy's 'home".
- Development Squad members can participate no matter where they reside.
- Empower plans on hosting tournaments on its "home base" (Rullo Stadium) and can coach Club and Development players during these home tournaments.